The “Creekside Firefly Ecotour” will be available on the following dates: April 17 (Sat.), April 18 (Sun.), April 24 (Sat.), and April 25 (Sun.). No registration is necessary and the tour is open to the general public. Simply show up at the meeting point at the time of the tour! Each tour lasts from 7 PM through 9 PM.
The agency has set up signs along the way to help participants locate the key places to watch fireflies. Visitors can begin their hike at the Tiger Mountain Hiking Trail entry point next to Cihui Temple. There will be 3 spots along the hiking trail where guides will share their knowledge on the ecology of fireflies and waterways.
Meanwhile, Xinyi Community College’s “Tiger Mountain Firefly Tour” will take place between 5:30 PM and 8 PM on Wednesday, April 28. For registration, please check the official Chinese website of the college or call the activity’s contact person (TEL: 02-8789-7316, ext.108 Ms. Huang).
The organizers remind participants to take heed of the following:
- At the hiking trail entrance, close your eyes for a short time to get used to the darkness before continuing.
- Do not use flashlights or other illumination device. If such device is necessary, aim the light towards the ground when proceeding.
- Do not capture fireflies.
- Do not leave the hiking trail.
- Do not litter.
- Keep volumes down.
- From MRT Houshanpi Station, head in the direction of Fude Street along Zhongpo South Road. It is roughly a 20-minute walk to reach the hiking trail entrance at Lane 251 of Fude Street.
- After disembarking at Fude Elementary School bus stop, walking to the hiking trail entrance at Lane 251 of Fude Street takes roughly 10 minutes.