With the end of the year around the corner, people are looking forward to the annual end-of-the-year bash coming up at Civic Plaza. The party will take place between 7 PM on December 31 and end at 1 AM on January 1.
This year, the event will spotlight performances by celebrities including A-Lin, Nine One One, Wu Bai, SpeXial, Ben Wu, Boxing, Gentlemen, Nick Chou, Linda Chien, Amber An, Eight Three One, and more!
Traffic Measures for City Hall and Surrounding Areas
In light of possible large turnout at the New Year’s Eve Bash, the following measures will be implemented to limit the impact on traffic on crowd flow for the vicinity around the event venue (city hall):
Phase 1: Five lanes on the east side of City Hall Road (section between Songshou and Songgao Road) will be closed to traffic.
Date and Time: Midnight – 10 PM, December 25
Phase 2: Five lanes on the east side of City Hall Road (section between Songshou and Songgao Road) and New Renai Road will be closed to traffic.
Date and Time: 10 PM, December 25 – 11:59 PM, December 27
Phase 3: City Hall Road (section between Songshou and Songgao Road) and New Renai Road will be closed to traffic.
Date and Time: Midnight, December 28 – 6 AM, January 2
Traffic/Crowd Management Plans for New Year’s Eve
Date and Time: 7 PM, December 31 – 3 AM, January 1
Phase 1: Vehicles are not permitted to enter the traffic control area after the stage event begins. Vehicles are allowed to leave the traffic control area.
Date and Time: 7 – 8 PM, December 31
Phase 2: Traffic control area extended to Yushian Road and Renai Road (section between Yushian Road and Guangfu South Road). Vehicles are prohibited from entering and leaving the zone.
Date and Time: Starting 8 PM on December 31.
Phase 3: Traffic control area expanded. All vehicles prohibited from entering/leaving the traffic control zone. Traffic control area may be adjusted based on actual situation as determined by staff at the emergency response center.
- Keelung Road Overpass: Keelung Road/Leye Road exit closed. Vehicles should exit beforehand at Keelung/Dunhua exit.
- Huandong/Tiding Boulevard: Keelung Road exit closed. Vehicles traveling west should switch to Civic Boulevard at Zhengchi Bridge.
- Xinyi Express Lane: Traffic control at the intersection of Xinyi Road and Songde Road. Vehicles can leave the city via Xinyi Express Lane. Cars entering the city can only right turn on Songde Road.
- Civic Boulevard: Eastbound traffic leaving the overpass via Civic/Guangfu Exit will be prohibited from turning onto Guangfu South Road at the Civic Boulevard and Guangfu South Road intersection.
MRT Station Underpasses/Xinyi Commercial District Pedestrian Overpass
- MRT Taipei 101/World Trade Center Underpass: Closed between 10 PM on December 31 and 3 AM on January 1.
- MRT Taipei City Hall Station Underpass: Closed between 10 PM on December 31 and 5 AM on January 1.
- Breeze Center Xinyi Underpass: Closed at 10 PM on December 31. Reopens on January 1 at regular hours (Both Uni U Style Department Store and Breeze Center Xinyi opens at 11 AM on January 1).
- Taipei City Hall Bus Station Second Floor Plaza and Xinyi Commercial District Pedestrian Overpass: Pedestrian access limited starting 10 PM on December 31.
Date and Time: 10 PM, December 31 – 3 AM, January 1
Post-event Exit Plans
To help revelers make their way home after the conclusion of the New Year’s Eve bash, the following measures will be in place for the vicinity around city hall.
Extended Hours for Public Buses Traveling Through Xinyi District
- Bus routes 1, 20, 22, 202, 204, 212 express, 226, 232 (including sub-line), 263, 266, 270, 281, 282, 284, 288 (including shuttle), 299, 311, 552, 611, 612, 650, 651, 669, 912, 915, 939, Xinyi Main Line, New Xinyi Main Line, New Zhongxiao Main Line, BL7, BL10, BL26, BR6, BR18, and G1 – total of 38 lines.
- For the aforementioned bus traveling along the entire length of Zhongxiao E. Road (including 212 express, 232, 232 sub-line, 299, and New Zhongxiao Main Line), the last bus will arrive at Xinyi Commercial District around 2 AM on New Year’s Day. For other buses that do not travel the entire length of Zhongxiao E. Road, the last bus will arrive in Xinyi District around 1:30 AM on New Year’s Day.
MRT Transit Buses
- R2, R3 limited, R10, R12, R15, R19, R29, R31, R32, BL1, BL2, BL15, BL23, BL25, BL28, BL29, BL36, G2 right, G2 left, BR2, BR3, BR9, BR12, and BR20 – total of 24 lines.
- The last bus will arrive at the first MRT station at approximately 2 AM on New Year’s Day.
Buses and Coaches with Stops at MRT Stations
- MRT Yuanshan Station: 936, 937, and 945 – the last bus will leave the MRT station at 2 AM on New Year’s Day.
- MRT Taipei Main Station: 1210 (Taipei – Linkou) – a bus every 20 minutes; operates around the clock the entire day.
- MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station: 1211 (Taipei City Hall – Changung University) – the last bus will leave the MRT station at 2 AM on New Year’s Day.
Other Buses with Shortened Intervals between Services or Extended Hours
- Buses traveling to Maokong area: S10, BR15 – last bus will leave the terminal stop at 1 AM on New Year’s Day.
- Buses traveling to Dajia Riverside Park: S9 – last bus will leave the terminal stop at 1 AM on New Year’s Day.
Post Event Transit Shuttles
Time: Midnight – 2 AM, January 1
- Line 1: To MRT Taipei Main Station. Single Zone Fare.
- Line 2: To MRT Gongguan Station. Single Zone Fare.
- Line 3: To Muzha/Jingmei Area. Single Zone Fare.
For more information, please visit the official website of the 2017 New Year’s Eve Bash: http://2017.newyear.taipei/index.aspx (Chinese)